Museum Studies


Any undergraduate student currently taking classes at Michigan State University may pursue the Museum Studies Program minor. Any graduate student may pursue the graduate certificate. There is no formal application procedure. Once you enroll in a museum studies course, you are entered into the Museum Studies Program listserv and program database. To earn the minor, however, you must complete a Program Completion Form at least one semester before you graduate.

Graduate students seeking the certificate as part of the MA in Arts and Cultural Management must apply for that program. For information see: (

If you are not currently an MSU student, you may enroll in the university as a Lifelong Education student. Once you receive a student number, you may register for any of the museum studies courses. For more information about Lifelong Education status, visit MSU’s website: